Labels in this Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Let's Talk about 1000 Pairs of Socks and Feet

This is all about feet and who are suffering from painful feet especially in the winter time. This what frostbite looks like and it preventable by wearing warm socks - it is as easy as that.

After hearing about all the foot problems the homeless suffer with, I knew I had to give socks to an organization that will personally give the socks to those who need them most.

I am now known as the Sock Granny and this is my second year that I am collecting socks. This year I have a Sock Team who have volunteered to set up drop-off locations and deliver the socks to me.
The Vancouver BC, Canada locations are listed in this new blog The Sock Granny

As you read the blog you will read my story and how I met, Molly, my mentor plus you will see that everyone is very passionate about collecting socks for the homeless and the mentally ill. The Sock-Friends have been working hard to start this 1000 Pairs of Socks Campaign. If you live in Vancouver, BC you can donate at the locations listed in the blog. More will be added as they become available. http://sock-granny.blogspot.ca/

Sock Friend Amanda is managing the Sock Granny Facebook page you are invited to like and follow us. Please donate socks at the Starbucks where she works at 1855 Burrard St - for Amanda. Thank you to the management and staff at Starbucks.

We thank you for caring!

First socks donated for the 2014/2015 winter season!


No comments:

Post a Comment